Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Most anticipated events

I've been waiting for these Games ever since 2001, when Beijing won the bid. I was actually in China when it happened, and I remember the excitement. The sport I most want to see is Volleyball since I used to play on my high school team and continued to play on an intramural team in college. We have 2 Indoor Volleyball events lined up --too bad they're both Men's. I find it hard to identify with Men's volleyball --the rallies last forever and the kills are so spectacularly powerful, it seems like there's no point even trying to dig it. Women's volleyball, on the other hand, involves a bit more finesse, strategy, and teamwork. Also, China won the Gold in Women's volleyball in Athens, so I'm sure they'll be a strong contender this year as well. I've been scouring eBay and StubHub for Women's Indoor volleyball Finals tix to no avail. So if you know someone, who works with someone, who went to school with someone, who has a pair of tickets, LET ME KNOW!

OW's sport is Rowing. He used to row in college and then sculled post-college. He was pretty good too! We were very easily able to secure tickets to the Rowing finals on 8/16 and 8/17 though these tickets are now quite hard to find. Unfortunately, none of his old rowing buddies made it to the team, but we are meeting up with one of his teammates from college who will also be on the Olympic scene.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would most look forward to the "Eat Flowers" event starring the dog.

Anonymous said...

I just spoke to Max on the phone - and he would like to go.

Eugene said...

Eat flowers... that's hilarious! It took us all day to get that :)